Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good friends

Met my good friends S and J at the Washington House for ice cream. Rode down there on my retro 1964 Raleigh Sport. There's nothing like a bike ride and ice cream with good friends on a hot night to cap off the perfect weekend.

I just love my Raleigh bike, especially the white panel on the rear fender. People notice that little feature - yah!

And tonight's ice cream - marvelous, as usual. J had his usual half caramel half hot fudge sundae, and S and I had our usual - a Washington House. A scoop each of blue moon, vanilla and strawberry, topped with chocolate, pineapple and strawberry sauce, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry. yum, yum . . . . Especially yummy as the ice cream is created just 8 miles or so down the road from the Washington House. There is nothing like good, local ice cream.

Worked off part of that treat by biking to the grocery for a few items. I love that ride. It's a spectacular ride over the river where one can gaze downstream at fishing boats, gulls, ducks and just the beauty of the river flowing to Lake Michigan.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I do live in a little piece of paradise.





No comments: