Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I feel like I'm 10 years old.........

I took a bit of a spin on my friend's new cruiser bike - I love it! What a charm to ride. Aluminum frame, and those great cruiser brakes - pedal backward my dear and bear down. I want a bike like that, yes I do.

I told my friend I love to ride my bike - a vintage 1965 English-made Raleigh sport, 3 speed. I absolutely love it! A back rack and front basket have been added, along with a ding-ding-ding thumb bell, front and rear lamps and plenty of spoke reflectors.

I'm figuring out that it's a good deal to bike early in the day when there are few cars on the streets. I can cruise down to the beach and back, wind blowing through my hair. And I imagine I'm 10 years old again. Pedaling my cruiser bike at top speed down the gravel roads of my childhood - with the wind blowing through my hair. There's nothing quite like it.

No comments: