Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Hot in here........

Oh yah, summer's here and the temps are climbing. If it's cooler near the lake right here, I wonder what the hades it's like in the next town over, where they can't say it's cooler near the lake - we won't let them, and besides it's not true for them. Just true for us.

I'm so wanting oven roasted beets, drizzled with some good olive oil and fresh herbs. My mouth is beggin' for beets. Maybe if I get the fan cranked on high, we could blow the hot air out of the window by the oven - that might work.

I don't know. I had scrambled eggs - yummy farm fresh eggs - with sauteed baby yellow zucchini, sweet Hungarian peppers and onions. Ohhhhhhh that was so good for lunch. But I want them beets for supper. Probably should roast them at like midnight - when it's good and cooled off outside, and the winds blowing inland from the lake, nice cool evening breeze.

Sleeping in cool water in the bath tub tonight.

No comments: